By Lenin Mishra
If you prefer to watch Youtube videos over reading blogs, check out our video on Python strings here.
capitalize() method in Python returns a copy of the string with only the first character capitalized.
str1 = "pylenin writes about python." print(str1.capitalize())
Pylenin writes about python.
If you want to capitalize the first letter of every word, perform something like this.
str1 = "pylenin writes about python." str_list = str1.split(" ") new_string = ' '.join(x.capitalize() for x in str_list) print(new_string)
Pylenin Writes About Python.
Check out other commonly used Python string methods.
- How to create a string in Python?
- How to access characters in a Python string?
- How to replace characters in a string in Python?
- How to concatenate strings in Python?
- How to iterate through a string in Python?
- Check if a Substring is Present in a Given String in Python
- Escape sequences in Python String
- Python String Formatting - The Definitive Guide